Position: General Services Director
Description: The City of Piqua is seeking a General Services Director. This position will perform planning, directing and evaluating municipal operations including Fleet Management; Facilities Management; IT Management and Purchasing and Procurement. Directing and supervising the General Services department; Managing City purchasing affairs and related personnel; Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Public or Business administration, or related field and eight (8) years of experience in municipal administration, including four (4) years of fleet or inventory management and four (4) years of supervisory experience, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Responsible for the effective supervision and administration of the General Services Department including budgeting, purchasing and financial transactions, staff development, prioritizing and assigning work and related activities.
- Serves as the designated Purchasing Agent for the City.
- Oversees the development, inspection, and enforcement of the standards by which materials are procured, stored, accounted for, maintained and repaired; creates and reviews bids and specifications; reviews plans and specifications of private consultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Monitors liability issues including property claims; Prepares releases; Ensures compliance with and obtains certificates of insurance and proper coverage for City property.
- Oversees and develops short and long-term strategic goals pertaining to the planning and operational processes to effectively operate and maintain a fleet, its maintenance records and replacement program including acquisition and surplus disposal techniques. Establishes departmental programs and budgets for the maintenance or replacement of City fleet, including Piqua Police and Piqua Fire fleet. Chairs the Fleet Committee and manages all rolling stock.
- Oversees and develops short and long-term strategic goals pertaining to the planning of Facility Maintenance. Establishes preventative maintenance programs for City properties and budgets for the maintenance, replacement, and improvement of facilities.
- Assists departments and staff to select consultants and develop plans for facility renovations or remodels and major construction projects.
- Plans, coordinates and directs general services functions, planning processes and technology projects.
- Oversees the establishment and maintenance of an automated inventory control program for each department/division.
- Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of existing operations and implements improvements in department services.
- Prepares reports concerning projects, services, contracts and operations for the City Manager and Commission.
- Receives and resolves requests/complaints from the public; Manages customer service concerns and issues.
- Assists with the recruitment and selection of department personnel; Assigns, directs and inspects the work of department staff; Evaluates employee performance; Recommends various department personnel actions; Directs and develops employee training and team building programs; Establishes, reviews and evaluates major work priorities and projects.
- Manages third party managed services contracts.
Position Type / Hours: Full Time
Wage Rate: $ 96,137 – $ 137,864 annually
How to Apply: https://piquaoh.formstack.com/forms/city_of_piqua_employment_app_management or pick up a hard copy from 201 West Water Street, Second Floor, Piqua, Ohio 45356.
- 2023 Water Treatment Chemicals Bid
- 2023 Water Treatment Chemicals Bid Tabulation