New Job Posting LABORATORY SUPERVISOR – CITY OF WEST CARROLLTON, OHIO (Salary: $23.12 – $30.98 hourly. West Carrollton, Ohio, population of 13K, is seeking a qualified Laboratory Supervisor to be responsible for the complete operation and supervision of the Water and Wastewater Treatment Laboratory, including a variety of types of skilled labor and administrative duties. The Laboratory Supervisor performs a variety of physical, chemical and biological analysis and tests, conducts lead and copper sampling and notifications as required by Ohio EPA, develops policies and procedures, and coordinates training. The successful candidate will possess excellent computer, communication and public relation skills. A candidate possessing 1-2 years of responsible experience in water and wastewater treatment analysis is a plus.
Required qualifications include:
- a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology or related field or the ability to demonstrate knowledge of chemistry and bacteriology related to water and wastewater treatment.
- possession of, or the ability to obtain, an Ohio EPA Water Supply Operator Certificate Class II.
- possession of, or the ability to obtain, an Ohio EPA Wastewater Works Operator Certificate Class II.
- Ability to acquire and maintain certification for bacteriological and chemical analyses as required by Ohio EPA.
- a valid driver’s license.
The successful candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and a fitness for duty exam. An inclusive Position Description is posted on the City of West Carrollton website at www.westcarrollton.org or can be viewed at the West Carrollton Civic Center. Civic Center hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., M-F.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and a copy of ALL required qualifications to: Teresa Brooks, Human Resource Manager, City of West Carrollton, 300 East Central Avenue, West Carrollton, Ohio 45449. Electronic applications will also be accepted with attachments in .pdf or Microsoft word format. Input ‘Laboratory Supervisor Position’ into the subject line and e-mail to email@example.com.
FIRST REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS BEGINS MONDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2017. POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED. Minority and female candidates are encouraged to apply/EOE.
- 2017/18 Road Salt Bid Results
- Fostering Fair Competition half-day seminar | Thursday 10-19-17